Disclaimer: REGISTRATION FOR THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN THROUGH EXTERNAL LINKS BELOW:
Learn the principles of child growth and development from birth through age five and how they align with the eight Child Development Associate® (CDA) competencies and National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) professional standards.
Register without grant funding
Apply for grant funding
Get details on how to qualify for FREE courses as a Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades, or Hendry County resident!
This exciting course is designed to provide you with a working knowledge of early childhood education and prepare you for the Child Development Associate® (CDA) certification process of the Council for Professional Recognition with content review, assessment practice, and portfolio preparation.
The course will include a thorough introduction to early childhood education. Topics covered include how children learn and grow, safe and healthy environments, physical and cognitive growth, social and emotional development, guidance, relationships with families, creativity and the young child, play, research-based planning of developmentally and culturally appropriate curriculums, and activities, program management, and professionalism. With an integrated approach to child development, students will learn the principles of child growth and development from birth through age five and how they align with the eight CDA competencies and National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) professional standards.
In a guided step-by-step process, you will culminate your learning experience by gathering all your assignments to build a portfolio and receiving instructor feedback from a certified CDA Professional Development (PD) Specialist™ to be well prepared for the CDA Verification Visit. Upon course completion, you will be ready for your early childhood education certification. This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher covers the fee/cost to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
What you will learn
- Evaluate and make recommendations for modifications of regulations regarding children's health, safety, and learning environments
- Identify typical stages of cognitive, linguistic, physical, social, and emotional development
- Develop a list of developmentally appropriate activities and materials that encourage physical, linguistic, cognitive, creative, social, and emotional development in children from birth to age five
- Implement appropriate guidance techniques for specific situations relating to children's behaviors
- Demonstrate skills in practical application of developmental principles and theories, observation techniques, and recognition of growth and development patterns
- Apply the competency statements into practice in an early childhood setting
- Prepare to become a certified child development associate professional
- Communicate qualifications for employability
How you will benefit
- Build a portfolio for your verification visit with PD Specialist feedback
- Know how to team with parents and guardians to track milestones or identify developmental delays
- Develop appropriate lesson plans with accommodations
- Complete one of the leading CDA classes
You can learn more about this opportunity with our partners at Ed2go here.