Disclaimer: REGISTRATION FOR THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN THROUGH EXTERNAL LINKS BELOW:
This course will train you to service, maintain, and troubleshoot complex heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. You will gain the necessary situational knowledge and technical skills to prepare you for an entry-level role in the HVAC/R field.
Register without grant funding
Apply for grant funding
Get details on how to qualify for FREE courses as a Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades, or Hendry County resident!
Are you interested in understanding HVAC/R service and repair, environmental challenges, and solutions? If you answered yes, then you're in the right place! This HVAC training online course will prepare you for an entry-level career in the HVAC/R industry by providing hands-on guidance for service, repair, and solutions.
You will learn from in-depth materials, including service call simulations that bring concepts to life. You will be ready to pass all 17 HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Certificates, the EPA 608, and the NATE Ready to Work Certificate by course completion.
You will also receive a voucher package for the HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Certificate exam and EPA 608 Certification exam. However, please research your state's requirements prior to enrollment to ensure this course is the right fit for you.
This course will provide the necessary information to pass the following entry-level certificate exams:
- HVAC Excellence ESCO Group: 17 Employment Ready Certificates
- NATE: Ready to Work Certificate
- EPA 608: Section 608 Universal Technician Certification
Upon course completion, you will also receive a voucher package for the HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Certificate exam* that includes:
- 1 Employment Ready Certificate for Electrical
- 1 Employment Ready Certificate for Air Conditioning
- 1 EPA 608 Voucher
*Proctor fees may apply
What you will learn
- HVAC training online course
- Explain the concepts of heat transfer, Btu, temperature, heat content, sensible heat, latent heat, pressure, gas laws, and work, and describe how they apply to air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Describe the four basic components that make up the vapor-compression refrigeration cycle
- Identify the four major system components and explain their functions in the refrigeration system
- Properly install an air-conditioning system and put it into operation
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems in an air-conditioning and heat pump systems
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared to sit for the NATE Ready to Work Certificate exams
- You will be prepared to sit for the HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Certificate Exams
- You will be prepared to sit for the EPA 608 Refrigerant Handling Certification Exam
- Use real-world simulations included in this program to get "hands-on" experience
- Soft skills simulations included in the course will help sharpen your customer service skills
- Enrolled students are invited to attend our exclusive annual virtual National Apprenticeship Week events, featuring live webinars, workshops, and employer interactions
You can learn more about this opportunity with our partners at Ed2go here.