Disclaimer: REGISTRATION FOR THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN THROUGH EXTERNAL LINKS BELOW:
Prepare for a career as a pharmacy technician. This immersive course will train you to work as a pharmacy technician and prepare you for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE®) to obtain the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) credential from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB®).
Register without grant funding
Apply for grant funding
Get details on how to qualify for FREE courses as a Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades, or Hendry County resident!
This online pharmacy technician certification course will prepare aspiring pharmacy technicians in how to assist the pharmacist in the packing and distribution of medication. Students will receive didactic and hands-on training to develop the skills necessary for employment in the field.
This pharmacy technician training program will prepare you for entry-level pharm tech positions by teaching you medical and pharmaceutical terminology, basic anatomy related to the pharmacology of medications, and pharmaceutical calculations. Through this course, you will obtain hands-on practice in retail pharmacy procedures through an online lab module. You will learn what information is necessary to process prescriptions and physician orders and apply that knowledge to fill mock prescriptions. The curriculum in this online pharmacy technician course also includes the ethics of pharmacy practice and education about prescription medications, patient care and interaction, and charges and reimbursement.
Upon completion of this course, you will be prepared to sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). This course includes a voucher which covers the fee for the exam. As a part of the Pharmacy Technician Online Certification Training Course, you will also have the option to perform a hands-on, 100-hour Practicum Experience. Practicum Experiences are based on individual state board requirements.
You must ensure that the Pharmacy Technician Course meets your state's requirements. For more information, visit your state's Board of Pharmacy site or view a map directly from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) website. You can also call the state board and ask for the current technician regulations.
DISCLAIMER: This course does not meet state requirements for students intending to work in North Dakota, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
Participation in a Practicum Experience is contingent upon successfully completing a background check and/or drug screening that is consistent with the requirements of both state and federal laws.
To qualify for the Practicum Experience application process, students must complete the online course successfully and have account balances up to date (at a minimum). Going through the Practicum Experience application process does not guarantee a placement. However, affiliated partnerships increase the likelihood of finding a site that matches student needs. COVID may be affecting the capacity of availability in your area. Students can begin researching the steps of the application process two weeks before completing courses.
What you will learn
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the pharmacy technician role, including essential professional skills and communication expectations necessary for success in a pharmacy setting
- Understand pharmacy regulations and standards from regulatory agencies and professional associations to ensure patient safety, high-quality care, and proper medication handling
- Gain practical knowledge of medication processing and handling procedures, including the ability to identify medication orders and read prescription forms accuratelLearn about medication storage guidelines and quality assurance procedures in the pharmacy department
- Develop essential skills for success as a pharmacy technician, including accuracy, attention to detail, and effective communication
How you will benefit
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to excel as a pharmacy technician and perform all related tasks and responsibilities with confidence
- Gain hands-on learning through an online lab module that provides practical experience in processing orders and identifying correct medication dosing and sourcing
- Access a comprehensive work experience guide and receive personalized support from our work experience team to prepare for your future as a certified pharmacy technician
- Prepare for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)'s Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) and earn the highly respected Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) credential upon successful completion
- Take advantage of a voucher for the certification exam and apply for a 100+ hour work Practicum Experience to gain valuable practical experience and further enhance your professional skills
You can learn more about this opportunity with our partners at Ed2go here.